Only about half the usual crowd in today.
- Colin Smith and myself got on with the job of screwing together the boards over the firebox and rod areas. All complete. Cleaning and painting of the top and boiler side of the tanks can take place next week.
- Paul Mason and Derek Shorton continued sorting our spare nuts, bolts and washers.
- Tim Williamson carried out a thickness survey of the main steam pipe. He reports thinning in the area of the cylinder block.
- Tim also lent a hand to Arthur and John who were machining new spring hangers.
- Allan Wilson and later Hugh Panel and Colin Bowman clipped back some of the rampant brambles. As it was starting to rain, Allan finished early to rescue his washing from the line.
- Colin Bowman spent the afternoon collecting electrical gear together for PAT testing on Tuesday of next week.
Colin Foxton called in late morning to see how things were progressing with the J72. We were also visited at lunch time by Dave Wright who is recovering from his badminton injury. In the afternoon we were visited by Les Harper who was depositing various K1 bits brought back from Carnforth; unfortunately he didn’t bring the mag drill and chuck to enable it to be PAT tested on Tuesday. Later in the afternoon we were visited by Chris Davison who brought in the other JOEM nameboard.