After its successful visit to the GC the K1 has been safely delivered to rather wet Carnforth. The engine arrived yesterday afternoon and the tender this morning.
The engine and tender were reunited (just on the safety links for now) early this afternoon and were then moved into Steamtown. Angie and I went over to Carnforth to oversee proceedings. In addition we carried out a few minor jobs to the coach, put the tools and spares we took to the GC away, removed the gauge glasses and disconnected the pressure gauges.
The next working party is on Saturday.
Following Saturday's working party the loco is booked onto Carnforth's ground lathe for tyre turning on Monday and Tuesday next week. Angie and I will be there to witness the work and will hopefully manage to do a few other jobs while we are there.
While I expect we will manage to complete the planned work to the K1 in time for it to take up this season's work on the Jacobite we will need additional help to get the coach into good shape. There are joinery, electrical and decorating works to do. If you are able to help with any of these then please let me know.