We had working parties on Wednesday and Thursday (Angie and me working on the K1 both days) and Saturday (Angie, Mike B, Scott M and me on the K1).
Over the 3 days the following work was undertaken:
- Annual service of blower valve completed and refitted.
- 5 hornstay bolt holes on driving wheel set reamed true and new bolts fitted to 4 of them. 3 more holes to ream and 4 bolts to fit.
- Reaming of tender brake piston and con rod little end holes started.
- Both cylinders cleaned internally, cover studs cleaned and sealing faces prepared for refitting.
- Both driver's side injector intermediate air ministry joints split (joints to be remade).
- Steam chest pressure gauge supply pipe annealed, front section refitted, union fittings removed from intermediate section - to be replaced with new fittings.
- Two cracks to the rear of tender tank welded and filled - further filling and painting to be progressed this week (weather permitting).
- Building up (with weld) of thin areas of the smokebox door sealing ring completed.
- New baffle plate trimmed to correct profile/shape.